Advanced Surgeons, P.C. now offers the LINX® Reflux Management System
The LINX® System is the only FDA-approved treatment for GERD to stop reflux at its source. It is implanted laparoscopically in a minimally invasive procedure that typically takes less than one hour.
The LINX® Reflux Management System
How LINX® Works
The LINX® System is a small, flexible band of magnets enclosed in titanium beads. The system is implanted around the weak lower esophageal sphincter (LES), which is located just above the stomach. The magnetic attraction between the beads keeps the weak esophageal sphincter closed to help prevent reflux. Swallowing forces separate the beads temporarily to allow food and liquid to pass into the stomach.
How long is the procedure?
LINX® is implanted laparoscopically in a minimally invasive procedure that typically takes less than one hour. Patients generally go home within one day.
What kind of results can I expect?
LINX® study results appeared in New England Journal of Medicine. The three-year results of the five-year clinical study assessed 100 patients with chronic GERD before and after treatment with the LINX System.
Results showed that after treatment:
- 91 percent of patients achieved freedom from GERD medication
- 92 percent of patients achieved significant symptom improvement
- 100 percent of patients eliminated severe regurgitation
- 99 percent of patients eliminated daily sleep disruption due to heartburn
- 94 percent of patients were satisfied with their overall condition